Amity Park is depicted as a moderately large urban city, reminiscent of Chicago, San Francisco, or Philadelphia. The city has several downtown areas with modern skyscrapers.
Despite not giving a clear statement on Amity Park's exact location and state, there have been several clues that hint towards a possible location in the central United States.
Central United States
During "Reality Trip", Danny Phantom and his friends travel cross-country to find the "Reality Gems" located in Florida, Nevada, and California. Danny first travels to Florida to find the first gem, which is closer to the central U.S. than Nevada or California. This is also supported by two other episodes in the series.
In "Memory Blank", Lancer points his stick towards the Louisiana area of the United States. Also in "Urban Jungle", the roots spread from the Great Lakes region of the United States to the rest of the world. This hints that, possibly, "Lake Eerie" ("Girls' Night Out", "Claw of the Wild") actually replaces the real Lake Erie.
The body of water next to Amity Park could have very well been Lake Michigan. In the episode "Double Cross My Heart", Elliot mentions being from Michigan, revealing that Amity Park is located outside of Michigan.
Another implication that Amity Park is located in the central United States is the episode "Bitter Reunions", where Danny and his family accompany his father, Jack Fenton, on a road trip to Wisconsin for his college reunion.
Western United States
In the episode "Fanning the Flames", Mr. Lancer mentions the Northwestern Standardized Testing. While this could mean that Amity Park is located in Northern California, Oregon or Washington, it could also refer to Northwestern University which is in Evanston, Illinois. Many episodes did suggest Amity Park having beaches and even palm trees, suggesting that Amity Park is on the west coast (for example, the bus scene from "Forever Phantom") or within California (where the show is produced).
David Kaufman, voice of Danny Fenton, approximates Amity Park to be somewhere in Minnesota.
In the episode "D-Stabilized", during the intro, Dani Phantom says Vlad is all the way in Colorado before it cuts to him at his home in Amity Park. It is also revealed in this episode that Amity Park is right next to a city named Elmerton.
There are several recurring locations in Amity Park that are featured throughout the show.
- Fenton Works: The Fenton family residence, containing a lab with a portal to the Ghost Zone.
- Casper High School: The high school that Danny, his sister, and his friends attend. Many of the episodes take place within its hallowed (and haunted) halls.
- Nasty Burger: A popular fast-food joint and hangout for teens all over town.
- Amity Park Mall: Another local hangout for teens all over town.
- Axion Labs: A scientific research facility, once independently owned but now owned by Vlad Masters. Damon Gray works here in the R&D division.
- Lake Eerie: Lake Eerie is a nearby lake that includes a run-down campsite. It is a source of local ghost and monster stories due to the frequent fogs.
- Amity Park Observatory: The observatory is seen in Double Cross My Heart.
- Mini Golf Course: They are seen playing mini golf in Double Cross My Heart and Kindred Spirits.
- Amity Park Lanes: The local bowling alley, seen in Lucky in Love and Identity Crisis as the Bowlerama.
- Movie Theater: Although it is called different names (Googolplex Cinemas in What You Want, and Marmel's Multiplex 22 in Identity Crisis), the kids visit the movie theater throughout the show. Notably in What You Want, 13, Identity Crisis, and Double Cross My Heart.
- Bucky's Music Mega Store: A music store where Ember McLain was giving out tickets to a concert, seen in Fanning the Flames.
- Mr. Meat: A local butcher shop, seen in What You Want.
- 24K Jewelry: a jewelry store seen in Control Freaks.
- Skulk and Lurk: A goth bookstore, seen and/or mentioned in Fright Night, Lucky in Love, Double Cross My Heart and Boxed Up Fury.
Vlad's major improvement plans cause the anger of Undergrowth who invades the city to regrow the plant life and begin his reign.
- Amity Park takes its name from Amityville, New York, a town on Long Island that serves as the location of the 1977 novel and 1979 movie series The Amityville Horror.
- Amity Park has at least 5 newspapers: Amity Park Chronicle, Amity Park Journal, Amity Park Daily, Amity Park Angle, and Amity Park News.
- The welcome sign is different in different episodes:
Click here to view the gallery.
|Locations in Danny Phantom|
|Realms||Earth | Ghost Zone | Outer space|
|Towns and cities||Amity Park | Elmerton|
|Private property||Fenton Works | Fenton Works' Lab | Foley Residence | Emergency Ops Center | Mayor's Mansion | Vlad Masters' mansion|
|Municipal property||Amity Park Penitentiary | Amity Park Swap Meet | Casper High School | City Hall | Guys in White headquarters|
|Ghost Zone||Aragon's Kingdom | Carnivorous Canyon | Far Frozen | Ghost Writer's Manor | Pariah's Keep | River of Revulsion | Skulker's Island | Walker's Prison|
|Outside Amity Park||Alicia's Cabin | Bermuda Triangle | Lake Eerie|
|Local business||24K Jewelry | Amity Park Lanes | Amity Park Mattress Factory | Bucky's Music Mega Store | Diner | Mr. Meat butcher shop | Nasty Burger | Skulk and Lurk|
|Companies||Axion Labs | Vladco|
|Misc.||Amity Park Mall | Floody Waters | North Mercy Hospital | Real-world locations | University of Wisconsin|