The user releases a blast of ecto-energy from his or her hands, eyes, or other body parts. These rays can range in power from simply knocking back a person to severely injuring or destroying an enemy. Ghost Rays are capable of reflecting off surfaces and refracting through a magnifying glass.
This power is able to destroy most human-world objects. Some humans' weapons that use ecto-energy mimic this power in appearance.
The coloration of a user's ghost rays varies from user to user. Colors seen (in apparent but unconfirmed order of strength) include:
- Green: Used by Danny, Dani, Dark Danny, and Skulker.
- Pink: Used by Walker and Vlad Plasmius (formerly). Appears to travel in a haphazard manner similar to lightning.
- Purple: Used by Fright Knight and Vlad Plasmius (currently).
- Blue: Used by the Box Ghost when powered up with Pandora's Box and in the alternate future.
- Red: Used by Youngblood and Pariah Dark.
- Beam: User releases a continuous stream of energy.
- Blast: User releases a burst of energy over a target area.
- Projectile: User releases energy as a thrown or launched projectile such as a sphere, disk, or ring.
- Wave: User releases a stream of energy that travels in waves along a surface.
- Repulsion Field: User sends out a pulse of energy in all directions to repel large groups of attackers.
- Charged Attacks: The user is able to build up power in order to make their standard and special attacks stronger and deal more damage. They can also charge any powers they may have.
- Energy Strike: User generates an aura around his or her hands, feet, or other body parts to enhance his or her physical strength.