In the Ghost Zone, humans possess this ability and are able to pass through solid matter. It is not a controlled ability, unlike ghosts' intangibility on Earth which is a conscious decision. Humans' intangibility in the Ghost Zone is not applicable to all objects in the Ghost Zone, in that some walls will still stop humans from passing through. On rare occasions, humans are also intangible to ghosts in the Ghost Zone, though this is only seen once.
- Pass through solid objects, such as walls.
- Instant cleaning (by having dirt fall through the affected person's intangible body)
- Evade most forms of physical attacks.
- May be superseded by other ghost powers, such as ghost shields.
- Ability cannot be used to escape physical restraint by other ghosts.
- Ghost-hunting technologies may block the use of intangibility as a means of escaping, such as the Fenton Ghost Fisher.
- If the user is inexperienced, this power can activate at inopportune or embarrassing times.
While intangibility and invisibility can be used simultaneously, they are two distinct powers. Invisibility is usually shown as the character's body turning transparent with only the eyes and black outlines remaining, while intangibility is usually shown as the character's body glowing blue with pale blue outlines. This is demonstrated during the theme song: Danny glows blue at "walk through walls," and turns transparent except for his outlines at "disappear."