| Help. Help me. Help.|
This page, while not being a stub, still needs some attention.
Overshadowing is a paranormal phenomenon in which a ghost takes control of a living person (or other things such as an animal or object), allowing the ghost to completely control their subject's actions, words, and sometimes even thoughts.
When the ghost leaves the subject's body, the subject loses all memory of what they were made to do during overshadowing, except for thoughts given to them by the overshadowing ghost.
- Overshadowing can be used to either influence the subject's thoughts or force them to do or say as the possesser wishes.
- Overshadowing an enemy is a great way to make a fool out of somebody or to enact revenge.
- Danny has used this power to invade other people's dreams.
- In very rare instances, if a half-ghost is overshadowed, their ghost half is expelled from their body while the overshadowing ghost takes control of the subject's human half's body.
- Some ghosts can fuse with another ghost, becoming a new one.
- Danny can also use his overshadowing power to remove other ghosts out of a person.
- 102. "Parental Bonding"
- 105. "Splitting Images"
- 106. "What You Want"
- 107. "Bitter Reunions"
- 113. "Fright Night"
- 115. "Public Enemies"
- 116. "Lucky in Love"
- 118. "Life Lessons"
- 120. "Control Freaks"
- 206. "Identity Crisis"
- 208. "The Ultimate Enemy"
- 213. "Micro Management"
- 215. "King Tuck"
- 217. "Kindred Spirits"
- 219. "Reality Trip"
- 309. "Frightmare"
- When about to overshadow a subject, the user becomes transparent but looks different than if they were invisible or intangible. Overshadowing is separate from invisibility and intangibility, despite the fact that ghosts appear to be invisible and/or intangible as they go into their host.
- While a ghost is overshadowing a subject, the subject's eye color and voice change to match that of the possessing ghost. For the most part, characters don't seem to notice this, but sometimes it is mentioned. For example, when Danny possessed his father in "Parental Bonding," Maddie thought he sounded weird.
- While a ghost is overshadowing a subject, the subject can sometimes possess a luminescent glow and gain physical abilities matching that of the ghost who is doing the overshadowing via the ghost exerting higher levels of control over their victim.