|"Plagues, pestilence, boy bands...oh, this is one evil box."|
- Main article: Boxed Up Fury
In "Boxed Up Fury", the Box Ghost, desperate to gain the attention and the fear of both Earth and the Ghost Zone, sneaks into Pandora's lair and steals the box. Upon opening it, the Box Ghost absorbs the box's power, greatly increasing his power and causing him to become more malevolent.
Only through trickery from Danny's side could Pandora act in time to stop the Box Ghost (switching the setting on the box from "spew" to "reclaim") and retrieve her box.
The following evils are seen or mentioned as coming from Pandora's Box:
- A ghost unicorn
- A horde of ghost bats
- A horde of ghost snakes
- A horde of ghost frogs
- A flaming ghost Pegasus
- A ten-headed ghost dragon
- Boy bands
Pandora's Box has two settings, "spew" and "reclaim." Opening the box while it is set to "spew" causes an evil within the box to be released, which increases in severity with each subsequent opening of the box. Entities contained within the box include unicorn, bats, frogs, snakes, a Pegasus, and a giant fire-breathing hydra. Opening the box also releases evil energy which makes the user more powerful. If the box is set to "reclaim" mode, it will recapture all of the entities it released.
- Energy Infusion: Prolonged use of the box causes its user to absorb its evil energy, greatly increasing their own to the point where even a weak spirit can easy dispatch powerful ghosts like Pandora.
- Energy Absorption: The box can absorb energy attacks and fire them back.
- Ghost Ray: The box can fire powerful blasts of blue ecto-energy when opened. It also allowed the Box Ghost to fire his own blue ghost Rays.
- Thermokinesis: The box allowed the Box Ghost to fire red ghost rays form his eyes as heat vision. When the Box Ghost is encased in ice, the box emits heat to melt the ice.
- Summoning: Opening the box while it is set to "spew" causes an evil within the box to be released, which increases in severity with each subsequent opening of the box.
- Sealing: If the box is set to "reclaim" mode, it will recapture all of the entities it released.
- 308. "Boxed Up Fury"
- Pandora's Box is based on the ancient Greek legend of Pandora, the first human woman, who owned a jar (or in some versions, a box) containing all the world's evils.
- Despite being ancient Greek in origin, the box has the Latin letter "P" on it rather than the Greek equivalent "Π" (Pi).