However, after meeting Danny, the two quickly become friends. Danny, Sam, and Tucker do their best to help Wulf, eventually freeing him from the shock collar Walker placed on him. In return, he helps Danny stop Walker, risking his own freedom.
Wulf later appears in "Claw of the Wild". He manages to escape Walker's jail again by creating a ghost portal but accidentally leaves it open, allowing various ghost creatures to escape into the summer camp where Danny and his friends are staying. Walker realizes this and abducts the campers - including Tucker - to lure Wulf and Danny back. Danny, Sam, and Wulf manage to take out Walker's goons and free the campers. Danny then releases Wulf into the woods.
Wulf's final appearance is in the series finale, "Phantom Planet". He is one of Danny's many Ghost Zone allies who help to power the machine to save the Earth from the Disasteroid by turning it intangible.
Wulf resembles a large, muscular werewolf or anthropomorphic wolf, with large saber teeth. Wulf wears a worn green sweatshirt with a hood that he usually keeps down and tattered green pants.
Despite his imprisonment by Walker, he’s like any other wolf, he is very sociable and enjoys the company of friends. As Sam describes him, he is ferocious but not too bright. He is loyal to his friends and will protect them from any danger.
- Intangibility, Invisibility, Flight: Standard ghost powers. Wulf is able to float, turn intangible to pass through objects, and invisible to be unnoticed by others.
- Superhuman Physical Abilities: Standard ghost attribute. Wulf is extremely fast (on four or two legs) and strong enough throw a ghost tiger away with ease or jump at really high distance, further and faster than the best human athletes. He also resistant to damage than a normal human and durable enough to withstand hard hits from ghost like Walker and his men. His reflexes and agility are roughly twice as faster than the best human athletes.
- Healing Factor: Though he was wounded in "Claw of the Wild," he was capable of healing faster than a normal human being.
- Enhanced Senses: Wulf's animalistic sense of smell and hearing are as keen as a wolf's, enabling him to track his prey or his lost companions. They are on the same level as those of wolves or even higher. It could also have night vision, although it is not mentioned.
- Claws: As a werewolf, Wulf has razor-sharp retractable claws from his fingers that are sharp enough to cause a considerable amount of damage and can cut through many materials. He can use his claws for a variety of effects like to spin at high speed to turn himself into a living drill that pierces the ground or break through/penetrate energy shields by drilling through them, attack his enemies in this way, tear open portals to other worlds, tear possessors from human bodies they are possessing, and more. His claws seem to glow blue when he uses his claws, not only for fighting, but also for the following effects:
- Ghost Portal Creation: Wulf has "the ability to claw into the real worlds at will". His claws can tear open portals between the Ghost Zone and Earth.
- Exorcism: Wulf's claws allow him to rip/pull out an overshadowing ghost out of a possessed human's body. This works by forcing his claws through the victims, simply stabbing them or using it in combat. Fortunately for the human, his claws leave no visible damage, although they weaken the ghost.
The form of Esperanto that Wulf speaks is not in any way grammatically correct and is in fact in almost all of his lines a direct word for word substitution from English equivalent words. For instance, The quote of him saying "Li estas al meti via amiko ena maliberejo!" is trying to say "He is going to put your friend in prison!" However, this is impossible to parse per Esperanto grammar, as it treating the prepositing 'al' as the infinitive particle, and neglects to place 'via amiko' and 'maliberejo' in the accusative case. A possible correct form is "Li tuj enigos vian amikon en la malliberejon!"
- 115. "Public Enemies"
- Wulf: Libera? (Free?)
- Danny: Jes, libera, mio amiko. (Yes, free, my friend.)
- Wulf: Amiko! (Friend!) [Wulf licks Danny affectionately.]
- Tucker: So, what's Walker up to? Kio estas Walker?
- Wulf: Li estas al meti via amiko ena maliberejo! (He's going to put your friend in prison!)
- It's possible that Wulf is partially based on the Marvel Comics superhero Wolverine, as they have several similar abilities including retractable claws and a healing factor.
- His ability to tear open portals between Earth and the Ghost Zone is similar to the ability to tear open portals between Earth and Cluster Prime of Vexus the main antagonist of My Life as a Teenage Robot another TV series by Nickelodeon.
Click here to view the gallery.